Friday, January 4, 2013

Quilts of Valor Presentation for Michael Quigley


I had the distinct pleasure of presenting this beautiful Quilt of Valor to Michael Quigley of the US Navy shortly before Christmas. I met Michael at his lovely home one evening after work, and it was such a wonderful experience! It was truly an honor to present this beauty to such a deserving member of our nation's military. Michael served two tours in Iraq and was awarded a Bronze Star for his service. After I presented him with the quilt, Michael showed me around his beautiful home which was completely decked out for the holiday! I just had to take a picture of him with the quilt in front of his gorgeous, eight-feet tall Christmas tree!

I hope this will inspire others to make Quilts of Valor for our nation's heroes! It is such a wonderful feeling to meet the people who bravely serve our nation, thank them for their service and sacrifice, and then hand them their quilt. It is a small token of appreciation for all they have given up for us, but they are always so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment