Friday, January 4, 2013

January Sew-in Date

I'm so excited to announce the date of our next Quilts of Valor Sew-in. Come out to sew with us on January 26th from 9am-1pm at the West Springfield Government Center.

Here are the details:


  • We are meeting at the West Springfield Government Center's Community Room again. The address is  6140 Rolling Road Springfield, VA.
  • I will bring with me an ironing board, an iron, and cutting supplies. I am more than willing to share, but if someone would like to bring any of their own supplies that would be wonderful!
  • Please bring your sewing machine and your current Quilt of Valor project. If you don't have one in the works please still plan to join us! There is always something to do! If you don't want to commit to an entire quilt right now, come and make quilt blocks. 
  • I ask that if you want to sew with us please RSVP to me by either leaving a comment on this blog post or by emailing me at melanie.burnett@qovf.org.
Unfortunately, we are not allowed to have food or drink in the room except bottled water. Never fear if you get hungry there are restaurants close by where you can go for a lunch or coffee break. 


As an added incentive I will have door prizes that everyone who attends will be eligible to win. (Fabric, Fabric, Fabric)

I hope you will join us later this month! Never doubt that the need for quilts is high! The latest report I received from the destination coordinator of Quilts of Valor said that we had a big shortage last month. Let's do our part to fix that!

Please consider joining us and making a quilt for our nation's finest! We are a small group (so far), but we're fun!

Take care everyone and keep on quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment