Monday, July 23, 2012

First Sew in....Success!!

Our first sew-in, Saturday July 21st was a success! There were only three of us, but we had a great time and got some work accomplished in between chatting!

The community room in West Springfield is a beautiful space! Even though it was a rainy, dreary day outside we had lots of light coming in through the floor to ceiling windows.  Stayed tuned for more details soon about our next scheduled meeting in August. We will be meeting at the same space again in Springfield.

If you live in the Northern Virginia area and would like to join us  please send me an email or leave a comment on any of these blog posts. This group is open to anyone who would like to make quilts for our men and women in uniform. If you live in the state of Virginia, but can't attend our meetings I'd be happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have about the Quilts of Valor Foundation. The requests for quilts across Virginia are coming in everyday, so please consider making a quilt (or two) for this fantastic cause!

Here are some pictures from the event:


Here I am spreading out my quilt top

The top half to my quilt top


Kathy and Sue hard at work


Kathy's beautiful and scrappy red, white and blue blocks


Thanks Kathy and Sue for coming out in such horrible weather to sew with me! I had such a good time and I can't wait until next month!


Thanks for stopping by and supporting the Quilts of Valor Foundation!







































No comments:

Post a Comment