Sunday, July 29, 2012

August Sewing Date

I'm happy to announce another sewing date has been scheduled for August. The three of us had a blast at the first, but we would love it if we had more company! Please consider joining us! Our nation's Heroes need us!

The details:


  • We are meeting at the West Springfield Government Center's Community Room again on August 25th from 10-2. The address is  6140 Rolling Road Springfield, VA.
  • I will bring with me two ironing boards (one full size and one tabletop), an iron, and cutting supplies. I am more than willing to share, but if someone would like to bring any of their own supplies that would be wonderful!
  • Please bring your sewing machine and your current Quilt of Valor project. If you don't have one in the works please still plan to join us! There is always something to do!
  • I ask that if you want to sew with us please RSVP to me by either leaving a comment on this blog post or by emailing me at Melanieb@qovf.org.
Unfortunately, we are not allowed to have food or drink in the room except bottled water. Never fear if you get hungry there are restaurants close where you can go for a lunch or coffee break.

As an added incentive I will have door prizes that everyone who attends will be eligible to win. (Fabric, Fabric, Fabric)

I hope you will join us in August! Never doubt that the need for quilts in our state is great. I have received four individual requests for quilts in the past week from Heroes and their families. I'm happily working away on them, but honestly, I'm slow and I have two toddlers. I need all the help I can get!!

Please consider joining us and making a quilt for our nation's finest! We are a small group (so far), but we're fun!

Take care everyone and keep on quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment