Monday, June 4, 2012

Welcome

Hi! My name is Melanie Burnett and I am the new (as in less than 24 hours) Regional Coordinator for the Commonwealth of Virginia. I would like to use this blog as a way to communicate with everyone involved in the Virginia Quilts of Valor community and to show off our work.

I'll start by telling you a little about myself. I live in Alexandria, right outside of Washington, DC. I'm married and have two sweet little boys. My roommate in college taught me how to quilt and I have been quilting ever since. I have been involved with the Quilts of Valor Foundation for almost 2 years and I love it! This cause is personal for me because of my father. He served in the Army as a Staff Sergeant during the Vietnam War. I have heard the horror stories of how he and others were treated when they came back from their tours and I want to do my part to ensure that the warriors of my generation feel appreciated.

If you live in Virginia and would like to get involved please don't hesitate to contact me. My email address is melanie.burnett@qovf.org. Please come back to keep up to date with what's going on in the state. I will update the blog with events, sewing groups, and more as the information becomes available to me.

Just for fun because no one wants to read a blog post with no pictures, here is my latest QOV project:


Here's the pattern in case you're interested! Gotta love Bonnie Hunter!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment