Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Sewing Day!

I'm so pleased to announce the first sewing date for the Virginia Chapter of Quilts of Valor! As a member of two guilds in Virginia and one sewing group in Maryland I have to admit I love getting together with other quilters!

The details:


  • We will be meeting at the West Springfield Government Center on July 21st from 1-5pm. The address is 6140 Rolling Road Springfield, VA 22152. We will using the community room that day. 
  • I'll bring with me two ironing boards (one regular size and one tabletop), an iron and a cutting mat. I think since this is our first meeting that we will be a small group, so that should be enough for us to share. However, if you are coming and would like to bring your own cutting supplies that would be great!
  • Please bring with you your sewing machine and your current Quilt of Valor project if you have one in the works. Never fear if you don't have a quilt top in progress, I will be making signature blocks that day and would love some help!
  • I ask that if you are interested in attending (and I hope you are) please RSVP by email to melanieb@qovf.org or by leaving a comment on this blog post.
Now for the fun parts! Sadly, we are not allowed to have food or drinks (other than bottled water) in the room, but I promise I will have treats for everyone to take home with you that day! Also as an added incentive I will have door prizes that everyone who attends will be eligible to win. (Fabric, Fabric, Fabric)

Please consider joining us on a hot summer's day to make quilts for our nation's brave heroes! They have given and continue to give their all for us, let's give them a tangible symbol of our appreciation back!

To see guidelines for how Quilts of Valor should be made and also to learn more details of the foundation go to the Quilts of Valor website. 

For those of you are might be concerned about meeting a complete stranger in a Springfield Government Center please let me assure you that I am who I am claiming to be! I'm a wife and mother that lives in Alexandria who loves to quilt. Please go to my personal blog to see more details about my life and also a picture of me so you will know what I look like. Hopefully soon, my bio and picture will be on the Quilt of Valor website, but as I am very new to the organization I haven't been added quite yet.

I look forward to meeting you in July! If you can't attend, but are interested in joining us at a later date please consider following this blog. I will post future sewing dates here as they are scheduled!

No comments:

Post a Comment